|HOME > CULTURAL TOURISM > KL HERITAGE TRAILS > MARKET SQUARE > MS ALLY COMPANY|
MS Ally Company
This building, located at the corner of Lebuh Pasar Besar and Jalan Tun HS Lee, was built by Yap Hon Chin in 1907. In 1910, it became known as the Federated Building as it housed the showrooms for the Federated Engineering Company. Later, Sime Darby established its Kuala Lumpur branch office here. The building is now occupied by MS Ally, which from its origins as a cigar shop to a pharmacy today, has served generations of Kuala Lumpur's residents.
The corner façade of the building is unusual in that the windows are asymmetrical. The Dutchstyle gables create a distinctive skyline. The peacock feathers and wave curves on the triangular pediments should be noted.
Click the map below to view a larger version
|« The Old Federal Stores Building||Bank Simpanan Building »|